X100V first impressions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rich Jacobson Regular Member • Posts: 427
X100V first impressions

I recently found myself not taking my camera kit out of the bag much during family gatherings (few and far between as they have been), so I thought I'd give the X100V a go...

A few observations after charging the battery and going through some initial setup and test shots:

1) The camera will do double duty as a hand warmer in a pinch - OK, I know it's not "a problem", but never felt a camera get warm after just using the menus settings for 5 minutes.

2) The EVF is not very usable with my glasses on. I used to own an X100F and this is probably the reason that I preferred the OVF - it's the only way easier to see the whole frame. Needs a higher eyepoint. X-T3 was much better in this regard - I never thought about it.

3) When using the OVF, the camera does not lock focus if you have the lens cap on.

4) After viewing some photos in playback, it takes up to 3 seconds to return to shooting mode ready to shoot. What's up with that? Doesn't always happen, but when it does it seems to persist for a while. I changed the power settings to boost, maybe that will resolve this.

5) is there any way to reconfigure the action of pressing the focus lever in playback mode? I want it to zoom in, but it brings up the menu - I'll get used to it, but in the meantime it's annoying. I don't remember if my X-T3 worked this way, or if I learned this behavior from some other camera.

No chance to test the tracking AF yet - looking forward to getting to love this camera, I just need some willing subjects.

Rich Jacobson's gear list:Rich Jacobson's gear list
Fujifilm X100V
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow