DXO HQ vs. Prime vs. DeepPrime vs. Topaz Denoise

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abgestumpft Regular Member • Posts: 302
DXO HQ vs. Prime vs. DeepPrime vs. Topaz Denoise

Hi,

I took an old Test-Setup Shoot I did in 2017 with my EM 1.2 from same scene with an ISO range from ISO 64 to ISO 25600 and processed them in DXO PL4 with Prime and DeepPrime and also with Topaz Denoise.

I've uploaded the files to the Dropbox, so you can download them and compare in full size. You will find nine images for each ISO setting. E.g. for ISO25600 it looks like this:

EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC.JPG = Out of camera JPG
EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC_DXO_HQ.jpg = DXO HQ with default setting 40
EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC-DeNoiseAI-denoise.JPG = Topaz Denoise with Automatic settings
EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC_DXO_HQ-DeNoiseAI-denoise.jpg = Topaz Denoise of DXO HQ with 40
EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC_DXO_DeepPrime-DeNoiseAI-denoise.jpg = DeepPrime with 40 + Topaz Denoise with Automatic afterwards
EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC_DXO_DeepPrime.jpg = DeepPrime with default setting 40
EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC_DXO_DeepPrime75.jpg = DeepPrime with setting 75
EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC_DXO_DeepPrime75_USM.jpg = DeepPrime with setting 75 + USM applied
EM1.2_ISO25600_0EV_EFC_DXO_Prime.jpg = Prime with default setting 40

For DXO I used the RAW file.
For Topaz I used the for first run the out of camera JPG (the RAW does not work better). Therefore the lightness and color of the Topaz file is different from the rest, but should be good enough to compare the noise reduction.
There is also a run with DXO_HQ.jpg file, so lightness and colors match here, but Topaz has to deal with the (good and bad) changes introduces by DXO

You can find the all the files in the Dropbox .

I really struggled to find the best settings for Topaz Denoise, so I sticked with auto.
In case you find much better settings feel free to e.g. apply it to the EM1.2_ISOxxxxx_0EV_EFC.JPG file and post it in this thread.

Here one example with ISO 12.800:

Out of Camera JPG

Topaz Denoise (Auto) of DXO with HQ (Fast Noise reduction)

DXO Prime (Luminance: 40)

DXO DeepPrime (Lumincance: 40)

DXO DeepPrime (Lumincance: 75) + USM

DXO DeepPrime (Lumincance: 40) processed in Topaz Denoise (Auto)

abgestumpft's gear list:abgestumpft's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +5 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow