Sony E 10-18 f/4 OSS

Started Oct 23, 2020 | Questions thread
BrentSchumer
BrentSchumer Senior Member • Posts: 4,147
Re: Sony E 10-18 f/4 OSS

sunhorse wrote:

I'm considering buying this lens here in Thailand. It is a bit on the high price, but given that it's the only native UWA zoom it does not seem unreasonable.

I would like to ask forum members for your experience with this lens, good or not so good. Any issues with sample variations etc? Would appreciate input for those who have used this lens.

I have tried to search this forum on any posts regarding the Sony E 10-18 f/4 but as usual did not come up with any answers

I have owned two good copies of this lens, but it seems to have a lot of sample variation.

I think this lens is overpriced for what you get and would recommend the Samyang/Rokinon 12mm for anyone who can make do with full manual operation or the Sigma 16mm for anyone who doesn't need the widest of wide.

That said, I did find the lens perfectly acceptable and enjoyed the zoom range for allowing varying compositions.

BrentSchumer's gear list:BrentSchumer's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow