OneDrive reverts changes to IPTC (!)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jimhughes
jimhughes Senior Member • Posts: 1,382
OneDrive reverts changes to IPTC (!)

I hope the topic alarms some people, and that someone has a workaround, because this has really thrown me a curve and I'm sure others will be affected.

I've used OneDrive for years, as a photo backup - no serious issues. But recently I set out to update the IPTC keywords on many of my photos (to sell better online) and for a while, I thought I was losing my marbles - because the next time I looked, those changes were gone.

It took me a while to figure what was happening, but now I can see it right in OneDrive's status/history display. If I change those tags (using any of a number of editing tools), OneDrive picks up the change and uploads the file. Then, maybe a minute later, it DOWNLOADS the file from OneDrive to my PC, with the original keywords restored.

I don't know the details of why this happens - it might be just a bug in OneDrive. I think it means OneDrive uses metadata internally for its own purposes, and isn't handling my changes correctly. But I have to find a solution, or give up on OneDrive.

Ideas, anyone?

-- hide signature --

www.jimhphoto.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow