z5 24-50 focus repeatability issue

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kai Ramiel New Member • Posts: 13
z5 24-50 focus repeatability issue

Hi everyone, I have been a fan of this forum since the beginning of the Z system and have been using my z6 since it was first launched. I love the information and discussion that I have found here and felt the need to bring this to the community's attention.

I recently got the z5 on the yellow program with the 24-50 and have noticed it has issues getting consistent and accurate autofocus. Using single point af-s and focusing on a clear target several times in a row gives a large variation in sharpness across the whole frame. Maybe 50% of the shots are not critically clear. I have never had an issue with the same technique on my Z6 as it performs flawlessly. I will do more testing with other lenses and try the 24-50 on the z6 to see if I can reproduce the issues.

Has anyone else had this happen?

When focus is correct this lens is superbly sharp and I enjoy the form factor... but the focus variation has made me lose faith in using the camera I hope this is not a an issue common to non s-line lenses. My 24-70/4 and 50/1.8 are incredible.

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow