Posessed D850 -randomly AFs and takes a shot in LV

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
philm5d Contributing Member • Posts: 992
Posessed D850 -randomly AFs and takes a shot in LV

Camera is set for LV (Stills), AF-S (Live View), Normal Area AF-mode - Silent Photography (mode 1) set. The camera is set to Continuous High (CH) release.

What happens is the lens will occasionally start autofocussing, seemingly on its own, and one silent exposure is taken.

As far as I can tell I'm not touching any controls and certainly not the shutter button or back AF-ON button.

May be my imagination but seems to start to do this when the camera is pointing upwards.

It's not lens dependent as it does this with both my 50 and 35mm Nikon Af-S lenses.

By the way the LENSES are switched to manual focus only (is this overridden for Live View?).

A green dot re-set seems to cure it but it comes back. This is driving me barmy. Am I missing something?

PS Just done a reset and it's still there....it only happens when I hold the camera as I've just left it on the table with LV on and nothing happend.

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow