D6 Custom Controls - Spot Metering

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
krubin New Member • Posts: 13
D6 Custom Controls - Spot Metering

Any assistance greatly appreciated. I've poured over the camera menus and manual and am still stymied.

I am a long-time user of the Dx series nikons, going all the way back to the D1.  One of the custom settings I've grown accustomed to is re-assigning one of the Fn buttons to spot metering, allowing for an easy one-push shift to get a spot.

My typical settings keep the camera on Matrix meter, where I use the Fn to override with spot in those circumstances that dictate, and allows me to do so with no fumbling and while keeping the viewfinder at eye level.  While this was a breeze with the D5, I cannot seem to find that as an available configuration option on the D6.

Am I missing something? Does anyone else out there have a "hack" or approach to solve this same problem. Pulling the camera away and choosing Spot from the meter selection button is too slow and cumbersome unless there is no other alternative.

Thanks in advance for the sage advice.

krubin's gear list:krubin's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +7 more
Nikon D5 Nikon D6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow