D7500 iso noise

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Bender79ita
Bender79ita Regular Member • Posts: 421
Re: D7500 iso noise

romfordbluenose wrote:

Bender79ita wrote:

I think you simply need a tripod.

A tripod isn't that much help if the flowers in the wind as you still need sufficient speed which will raise the ISO. More light is the best answer.

My experience with flower photography is limited to some macro shots, but if you have to add camera shake to the wind, the picture will always be worst regardless.

The thing is, when you're over 50mm a tripod is always gonna be a great help to take these 1/10 or 1/8 second shots that you can't take handheld, regardless of the wind, and even if you don't go this slow, when you use a 24mp camera it's always better to use a tripod unless you're dramatically far away from the "reciprocal rule" (1/1000 at 100mm in example, but given the possibility I'd still use it even at such high speed).

A model that allows for upside down center pole can be bought for 60€ on Amazon, there is no reason besides lazyness not to use it. Gets even better with a cage, so you don't have to use the camera upside down (which is very annoying) but you can screw it to one of the topside holes.

I mean we're talking about 250 iso being noisy, so if we're splitting hairs, let's split hairs.

Bender79ita's gear list:Bender79ita's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D810 Nikon D5600 Sony a6400 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow