LX100-1 + Polariser + Proper 24mm

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 403
LX100-1 + Polariser + Proper 24mm

In principle my TZ200 makes my LX100 redundant because (a) within the common 24-75mm range its IQ is at least as good (better, let's face it) and (b) its ergonomics are far superior.

And yet I keep coming back to the LX100, and most of the reason that I do this is that I can put a polariser on the lens and the other reason is that the LX100's 24mm is significantly wider than the TZ200's 24mm.

Polarisers on wide-angle lenses create a distinct deep blue area in sunny skies, and wide angle lenses used from close in make tall buildings fall over backwards/sideways. Some people seem to hate these effects and try to mitigate them, but to me they just say, polariser on a wide-angle lens.

Also, for a little extra punch set white balance to 'cloudy' even if there's not a cloud in the sky. I remembered to do this in some of these pictures, but maybe not all.

The new Panasonic S5 comes with a 20-60mm kit lens and no doubt a filter thread, and I'm reasonably sure that when my LX100 finally dies I'll be replacing it with one of those.

Panasonic LX100 Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow