Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Tatouzou
Tatouzou Senior Member • Posts: 2,023
Re: Lens-body combos out and about

I have three Panasonic M43 bodies.

The large one is GX8

The small is GM5

The intermediate is G7

I use any of my M43 lenses on any of these three bodies, but I dont have heavy /big lenses (see my gear list): small f3.5/4-5.6 zooms and f1.7/2.5 primes, and Olympus 9mm f8 body cap fish eye.

When traveling, or when photography is my main purpose, I usually go with GX8+GM5.

The widest lenses will be rather mounted on GM5

G7 is nice for video or when I want to go lighter with only one body and I plan to use the built-in flash.

Bigger bodies are more ergonomic and have twist ans swivel back LCD, but GM5 with a small prime or kit 12-32 allows me to go unnoticed like average Joe.

I like using GM5 with 12-60 or 14-140 for videoclips, it looks and handle  like a camcorder.

When I really want to go lighter/smaller, I use my 1" superzoom TZ110 (TZ100), DR is roughly the same as M43 thanks to excellent BSI Sony sensor, but the lens is softer and some small details or texture are softer.

If I need something really pocketable with a zoom, and I dont mind the drop in IQ and defintion, I use Panasonic LF1 or Olympus ZX10. Still more convenient and slightly better than my smartphone.

OTH, when I want the best IQ and photography is my main purpose, or ruggedness is a must, I may use my APS-C DSLR Pentax system.

Horses for courses....

-- hide signature --
 Tatouzou's gear list:Tatouzou's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Pentax K-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow