Keeping out the light with R5 viewfinder

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Bogle New Member • Posts: 7
Keeping out the light with R5 viewfinder

Hi. I've had my R5 for a few weeks now and for the most part I love it, however one thing that I find awful is the viewfinder. Not so much the viewfinder itself but the eyepiece. In bright sun the viewing experience is awful. I can practically see nothing if the sun is to my right as so much sunlight gets in around the eyepiece. Its not great almost into my face either. I'm a glasses, wearer which us most probably part if the issue, but I dudnt have anything like this much if a problem with my previous xxd cameras. The eyepiece on the R5 is quite hard and doesn't flatten when my glasses push against it like on my xxd cameras.

I can't imagine I'm the only person that has this issue but wondered what others do to get over thus issue. If I put my hand by my face to cut out the sun the issue goes, or over my forehead like a baseball cap brim too if the sun is high, but I'm not a fan of wearing hats and think that it likely going to annoy me more keep triggering the light sensor on the viewfinder to switch display to it when I don't want to. I've noticed the brim of my hood do this often when I've had that up in the rain.

Are there different eypeices or adaptors you can get to cut thus light out and actually see in these conditions? Or I've also considered possibly some kind of shield fitted to the arms of my glasses perhaps?

Any tips would be much appreciated as the viewfinder is as good as useless currently in these conditions!

Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70) Canon EOS R5 Nikon Coolpix L5 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow