XT4 First Impressions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MFiftysomething Senior Member • Posts: 1,026
XT4 First Impressions

I sold my XT3 a few weeks ago, but only  yesterday got an XT4:

My first impressions are:

It is quite a bit heavier -although the grip is slightly bigger it is not as nice to hold as XT3 due to increased weight.  I think the thumb grip on rear could be a lot bigger and better. I will have to add a grip -which then adds even more weight and it will be bigger and heavier than the Sony A7R3!   I would like to see the X-H1 grip style on XT5, unless it is lighter -but that has been a problem in recent years mirrorless cameras getting bigger and heavier with every release.

It feels cheaper made, plastic port covers feel flimsy and hard plastic LCD screen feels fragile -with sharp edges left on hinge, front and rear control wheels are both plastic and the rear has sharp edges.  I would ask Fuji to pay more attention to the important parts that are touched a lot -why not make them nice to touch!  Rear screen looks nice and bright though.  I did a quick comparison with my Olympus EM1 mk2 and the EM1 looks better built, using better materials, not that I have had any problems with Fujis, apart from XPro 2 rubber eyecups falling off.

The firmware updated easily and first few photos with the XF23 F2 and focus is very fast and accurate even in poor light-so it looks promising!

Now we have a bigger heavier XT4 with IBIS is there still room for an X-H2 -where will the difference be?

MFiftysomething's gear list:MFiftysomething's gear list
Sony RX100 V Olympus E-M1 II Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7R III +2 more
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow