Post Your Autumn Colors

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 15,048
Post Your Autumn Colors

I'll start out this thread with a photo I shot a couple of days ago (Wednesday, October 21) in eastern West Virginia:

OOC jpeg - SD Quattro H with 24-70mm f2.8 OS Art set to f7.1 handheld with OS on

The focus was apparently set to about 12.5 meters ("Subject Distance: 12.56"), but I'm pretty sure I focused on the tree trunks next to the road, on the right side, near the center of the image., because I figured people would look closely at the middle of the scene. This put the leaves on the road nearby well out of focus, even though I used a relatively small f7.1 aperture setting. (The lens can open up to f2.8, if I want.) I guess this was one of those candidates for a focus stack, but I was quickly shooting this handheld, because I was worried about cars coming up behind me.

I'll follow it with another shot with the same lens focused at the same distance setting, with the same aperture, but zoomed out a bit to 44mm instead of 70mm:

OOC jpeg - SD Quattro H with 24-70mm f2.8 OS Art set to f7.1 on tripod

I believe I shot this last one with Shade white balance, to enhance the color of the autumn leaves and golden look of things lit by the sun, as well as making the things in shadow look less blue.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +23 more
Sigma sd Quattro H
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow