Capture One - how do I stop the software from auto-cutting the corners of my photos?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
TonyGN10 Regular Member • Posts: 391
Re: Capture One - how do I stop the software from auto-cutting the corners of my photos?

chapada wrote:

So I noticed this before but I didn't care much but now I don't want it anymore. Whenever I take any photo at 16mm I notice that Capture One is removing a lot of the photo. Here's a screenshot that shows my problem:

How do I stop this from happening? It's not present at photos taken at 50mm for example.

That's C1 applying lens correction for that particular lens (ie correcting for distortion which usually occurs more at the corners/edges) - wider lens usually have more distortion and hence you lose more when it is corrected.

But if you want to remove the correction, just go to the Lens Correction tool tab and either press on the 3 dots and chose "Disable default lens correction" (C1 won't apply the lens correction on future images) or use the Distortion slider to reduce the amount of correction.

TonyGN10's gear list:TonyGN10's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Phase One Capture One Pro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow