OMD-EM1 Time Lapse Newbie Questions

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IlliniBobbiP New Member • Posts: 5
OMD-EM1 Time Lapse Newbie Questions

Hi Everyone,

It's been so long since I've been on that I had to create a new account.  I did search for answers to my questions but didn't see any topics/answers that seemed to address my questions.

1.  I'm learning the time lapse settings wanting to be lazy about capturing the aurora.  I'm still experimenting with interval times and wonder if the attached photos indicate a problem with me having the interval too short between exposures causing an aberration in background light,  if the aurora somehow pulsed pink for a few seconds during a minute of 6 different shots, or if some other ground lighting phenomena might have caused these pinks?  Thoughts?  Experience?

(Theoretically all shots were 12mm, F3.5, 5", ISO800.  I can't remember my interval for sure, pretty short and these six images recorded within 1 minute.)

2.  Other daytime, time lapse question which must be user error (I normally take photos on full manual because I never had much luck with aperture or shutter priority, but now I'm wondering if it's me or the EM1?):  I've tried setting a couple of time lapses up (one sunset and one sunrise) with "A" setting with aperture at f9.0, ISO400, Auto White Balance.  Am I wrong in thinking the camera should auto-select the shutter speed to have a 0.0 Exposure for the given light conditions?  My resulting frames are -5.0 and totally dark.  I do see the shutter speed changing over time, but exposure consistently records at -5.0 (and obviously all dark).  So it's exposure compensation, but what have I hit and how do I get it back to 0.0?

IlliniBobbiP's gear list:IlliniBobbiP's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow