Panasonic S5, test photoshoot

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zack Huggins
Zack Huggins New Member • Posts: 18
Panasonic S5, test photoshoot

I had a photoshoot scheduled for last night, and I picked up my S5 that day so I was able to test it out immediately. First impressions, the face detect is excellent for my uses, I had no issues with AF. I've been shooting with an Olympus EM5 2 for years, and a Pentax K1 the rest of the time, so this is a big upgrade especially in terms of autofocus. 
Camera feels great in hand and was relatively simple and straightforward to setup. I was up and running after about 20 minutes. Here are some jpgs, straight out of camera. Haven't had a chance to look at the RAWs yet. Panasonic's jpgs have come along way since my GF1!

All were shot with the 20-60mm kit lens and two Godox AD400's with softboxes. Pretty good for a quick backyard photoshoot!

This one came out a little dark, but I imagine this will pop nicely with a little exposure bump in post.

Zack Huggins's gear list:Zack Huggins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 Canon PowerShot G9 Fujifilm X30 +21 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow