Epson Traditional Photo Paper profile available for the SC-P700

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ivan M Regular Member • Posts: 217
Epson Traditional Photo Paper profile available for the SC-P700

As of today via Epson Media Installer four new media types and their corresponding icc-profiles for the SC-P700 can be downloaded. Traditional Photo Paper is (finally) one of them. Strangely enough when you select Traditional Photo Paper in the print dialog of Photoshop, Affinity Photo or Epson Print Layout, under colour settings the option Advanced B&W Photo is not available. You can choose the SC-P700 Traditional Photo Paper V2 ICC-profile though.

Yesterday I made a lot of B&W prints with the SC-P700 on Traditional Photo Paper via the Epson Print Layout program. In the settings I chose Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper and Advanced B&W Photo as colour setting. That’s what I have been doing since I got the SC-P700 and I’m happy with the results.

So now that Epson released a dedicated Traditional Photo Paper profile I did a quick test and reprinted one of the B&W photos I printed yesterday. Again printing from Epson Print Layout and this time choosing Traditional Photo Paper Sheet R (as it’s called) as Media Type and under Colour Setting Type: use ICC-Profile; Epson SC-P900 700 Traditional Photo Paper V2, Rendering Intent: Relative colorimetric and Black Point Compensation checked on.

When comparing the two prints I notice the new print is quite a bit warmer than the first, so I guess contrary to the advanced B&W modus the ICC-Profile throws in a little colour ink too. For what it’s worth both my wife and my son prefer the new warmer print. I myself, I am not sure. But I still find it strange that the Advanced B&W Photo option is not available for the Traditional Photo Paper.

-- hide signature --

Ivan
www.instagram.com/canticleer/

Ivan M's gear list:Ivan M's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow