How do I keep E1 iii focus point to ONE point

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,259
Re: How do I keep E1 iii focus point to ONE point

Maria_H wrote:

Hi Isabel

Not sure what went wrong for you here in the first place. When I moved up from the mark II to mark III, I was used to the back, top right hand corner button being the one to change the focusing points. On the mark III it is set to ISO. As I largely use auto-ISO, I have customised this button to be set to change between focusing points again. It's now a quick and easy way to change them - simply touch the button and use the front dial, as required.

Additionally, I have different initial focusing points set up in C1 to C4 - a quick and easy way to change to a whole new and known set of parameters. I think one of the issues is that the camera is just too customisable - and additionally some functions change or move between models. Everyone uses the camera differently, so there is no right or wrong way to set it up - but it can be very confusing if it's not working as expected and you're not sure what has changed.

Good luck!

Maria
https://www.flickr.com/photos/31693460@N06/

I was  Day1 purchaser of the E-M1 III. I immediately proceeded to set it up to mimic the setting on my E-M1 II......it was a waste of time. After trying to get things right with the E-M1 III, where there was little information available in those early days,  I finally started seeking out information on how to set up the E-M1 X. Things got better.

gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow