How do I keep E1 iii focus point to ONE point

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Maria_H Regular Member • Posts: 250
Re: How do I keep E1 iii focus point to ONE point

Hi Isabel

Not sure what went wrong for you here in the first place. When I moved up from the mark II to mark III, I was used to the back, top right hand corner button being the one to change the focusing points. On the mark III it is set to ISO. As I largely use auto-ISO, I have customised this button to be set to change between focusing points again. It's now a quick and easy way to change them - simply touch the button and use the front dial, as required.

Additionally, I have different initial focusing points set up in C1 to C4 - a quick and easy way to change to a whole new and known set of parameters. I think one of the issues is that the camera is just too customisable - and additionally some functions change or move between models. Everyone uses the camera differently, so there is no right or wrong way to set it up - but it can be very confusing if it's not working as expected and you're not sure what has changed.

Good luck!

Maria
https://www.flickr.com/photos/31693460@N06/

Maria_H's gear list:Maria_H's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow