Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 10,652
Re: Ridgecrop

wklee wrote:

Austinian wrote:

CAcreeks wrote:

rookie79pandora79 wrote:

My XP Professional laptop will not format any memory stick/or card greater than 32Gb.. however i did once buy a mem stick which did, why is this?

If you recall formatting a > 32GB mem stick, you probably did it with third party software.

https://www.howtogeek.com/316977/how-to-format-usb-drives-larger-than-32gb-with-fat32-on-windows/

Could be; also, I wonder if a previously full-formatted >32GB drive (from the OEM?) could be successfully quick-formatted by XP without destroying the factory formatting?

The site the HowToGeek site linked to, RidgeCrop, is inaccessible when I tried to click on the link. I had a friend who was uncontactable for some years. He used the demon.co.uk domain so the the entire site is gone now.

As best I recall, that used to be a pretty well-known domain. But not really a surprise it's dead, and not much demand for Windows XP fixes nowadays anyhow.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow