Please, which is the best.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
TBLF Senior Member • Posts: 1,064
Re: Please, which is the best.

I would go with #1, with the provision that you re-do it from scratch. It has the most technical potential, but when you were playing with the sliders, you introduced a color separation at the top of the photo where the purples meet the other colors. Mask that area off and choose to feather the selection edges for like 20 pixels before you play with the sliders next time and it shouldn't give that effect. You'll have to experiment.

Everyone has a soft spot for the last photo, just because Hummers are so cool and it has great action and is a great moment in time, but without the eyes being sharp, it's not the winner for me. You could "save" the photo with selective eye sharpening using a brush tool, but you would have to be really careful not to introduce artifacts. Bottom line is, a naturally good photo will always have more potential that one that is forced... hence why I chose the bee in number one.

Wishing you the best, but most important, have fun!

-- hide signature --

EricV

TBLF's gear list:TBLF's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow