Exposure Shift Setting on Olympus Camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Interceptor121 Senior Member • Posts: 1,280
Exposure Shift Setting on Olympus Camera

Is anyone using the exposure shift setting to adjust the camera meter?

I have an OMD EM1MKII and a Panasonic GH5, I have noticed the Olympus although it uses the same exposure settings has a tendency to crush the blacks.

So I am thinking of dialling half stop into the exposure shift so that the camera pushes the gain a bit higher

When I had a 121 with an OMD expert at Olympus he told me he generally shoots portraits at +1 but he did not know about a permanent change to the meter that I have later found.

I shoot M mode so this will only result on the camera selecting higher ISO values for the shot. I know some people may think this is crazy but the ISO values are very off and near to fantasy (i.e. 3200 is likely to be 1250 in reality) and I stopped worrying about ISO long time ago

-- hide signature --
 Interceptor121's gear list:Interceptor121's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +10 more
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow