Please, which is the best.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Valeriu 64
OP Valeriu 64 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,343
Re: Please, which is the best.

JeremieB wrote:

That's so difficult

I would really hesitate between the #2 and the last (the moth).

The #1 is impressive but there's something a bit weird in the background, between the purple and green zones.

The last is maybe not completely original but it's very difficult and you succeeded very well, what is rare is to see so much details about the moth, it's eyes and "body hair" and tail, it's really a great photo. It's near perfect according to me.

But I like in #2 that we can see more of the environnement (water), the insect is part of it, but it's not buzy either. Maybe the only way to make the photo better would be if wings were perfectly in focus, and maybe clearer reflection of the dragonfly on the water. Still the wondeful colors and details have me go back to this photo. Also, it's not a photo that looks similar to any photo I have seen already (for dragonfly most of the time you see them on a stem, or in flight).

So I would say the moth for technique and #2 for artistic

Good luck !

Jeremie, however, there must be only one left. 

Thank you!

Best regards, Valeriu

Valeriu 64's gear list:Valeriu 64's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-1 II Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow