How do I keep E1 iii focus point to ONE point

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Henry Falkner
Henry Falkner Forum Pro • Posts: 15,316
Re: How do I keep E1 iii focus point to ONE point

Isabel Cutler wrote:

It keeps changed to either a full grid or something larger than 1 point. Waste of time having to change it to one point.

Isabel

I had the same problem on my E-M10-II - never found the solution.

Then I got the E-M10 IV, and suddenly it all fell into place.

Can you get a Super Control Panel, like this?

I am asking because on tmy E-M10 Mark II I get it with the OK button, on the Mark IV it is on a button to the left of the ON-OFF switch.

I have selected the AF area (yellow). Pressing the OK button now gives me this:

I pressed the info button for the prompt on the left in yellow above the info prompt. Pressing the info button again replaces the yellow prompts with other options.

Now I can use the 4-way toggle up/down to give me the desired area:

Pressing OK again gets me into shooting mode on the Mark IV and the Mark II, but on the Mark IV I have to press the button beside the ON-OFF switch to get the Super Control Panel back, to confirm my changed setting -

My E-M10 II has a menu that is 3 levels deep in places, but the SCP only looks 2 levels deep. This has caused me some lock-outs in the past.

All the above palaver has finally got me sorted out with my beginners' models.

I have done this answer in the hope that it may help you to break out of running round in circles.

Henry

-- hide signature --

Henry Falkner - E-M10 Mark II, SH-1, SH-50, SP-570UZ
http://www.pbase.com/hfalkner

Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus OM-D E-M10 IV +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow