What sorts of computational photography will Fuji utilize?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Guyps Regular Member • Posts: 353
Re: What sorts of computational photography will Fuji utilize?

John Gellings wrote:

Guyps wrote:

The low light capabilities of the iphone11 without flash are amazing. I'm not sure what technology it uses but you have to keep the camera still, I am assuming it is somehow merging several shots.

Cameras need to start adopting this tech.

The camera on the iPhone is always recording if the camera app is active... when you press the "shutter" it is already taking into account photos it was recording before and after you press the shutter and merges them into what they deem to be the best photo. It will be interesting if the World Press Photo competition would accept these images if this implemented in a standard camera...

Interesting! Never would have thought that is how it works as it requires you to keep it still after you have pressed the shutter button so I assumed it started from the moment you press.  Also before you press the button you are likely to be moving the camera into position so should end up blurry.  Unless it is using the accelerometers to determine if you are still at that point.

As for the photo competition. Not really sure how many of the emtrants are using an xt series camera.

Guyps's gear list:Guyps's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow