Usability of Zone Focusing

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gurusathiy New Member • Posts: 12
Usability of Zone Focusing

Hello All,

A newbie here!! I'm an enthusiast landscape photographer and request inputs from members here on my confusion regarding manual focusing vs auto focus conundrum:-( I've read many articles on this but don't find a direct answer to my dilemma and hence posting this:

1. I use Sony A6000 with a Zeiss auto-focus lens. I want to set focus once for all (either auto-focus lens/Manual focus only lens) and forget about focusing issues. I find auto-focus slow to my liking.
  2. When I shoot a landscape (typically mountains), I want sharp pics whether a subject comes in front of the camera or not without changing the focus ring. I know i need to focus on the subject to get it in focus but my primary necessity is to fix a focus and keep clicking whether there is a near subject or not.
  3. I've read a lot about "Zone/Hyperfocal" techniques and they all talk about "acceptable" sharpness while I want pin sharp photos. how to achieve this?
  4. If I use a high quality manual focus lens with DOF scale printed, set it to 10' to Infinity and leave it there, will it help in achieving sharp photos without any need to recompose and focus again? (please don't route me to point & shoot)
  5. Will the above trick help in snapping up moving subjects within that range as well?

Please help!!

Thanks
Guru raj

ANSWER:
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow