Rebels and focus microadjust

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Duckman21 Forum Member • Posts: 76
Re: Rebels and focus microadjust

Ad12 wrote:

Panet wrote:

I was considering a Tamron 150-600mm to use with a T4i. Talking about with some mates, I heard some tales about bad performance in getting sharp focus with this sort of combo. is focus microadjust a must?

Dum senesco, addisco.

Don’t quote me, as my rebel and Tamron 100-400 seem good out of the box, but i read that you can tweak focus in the Tamron tap in console, but it costs to buy. Not sure if that’s true, but maybe look in to it.

If OP is talking about the G1, then no, you cannot use the Tap-in Console. Only the 150-600mm G2 works with. In my experience, there are inconsistencies with the AF, often a tendency to front-focus on objects about 20m away. The Tap-In should work in theory but it is a tedious process to calibrate and I haven't had much success - I find the built-in microadjustment of the 80D much more effective (albeit it must be constantly adjusted).

I shot with a Rebel while my 80D was under repair and it occassionally struggled to get objects in focus but worked fine for the most part. I used the back button for manual override (the opposite of back-button focus)

-- hide signature --

Instagram @FYLegend21
500px @frankyboy5

Duckman21's gear list:Duckman21's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow