Is the new 10-24mmF4 R IOS RW worth 44% more than the old?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Bolothegreat Contributing Member • Posts: 528
Re: Is the new 10-24mmF4 R IOS RW worth 44% more than the old?

pgarth wrote:

In Australia, I can buy the old 10-24mmF4 R IOS for $1111. The new XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR can be pre ordered for $1599, an extra $488 or 44% more. Just about every review I have read of the old 10-24mm IOS R have all drawn attention to the fact this lens doesn't have weather resistance, no marked aperture scale on the aperture ring, and no lock the to stop accidentally changing the selected f stop. It also give 1 stop better IOS.

As I have never used the old lens, I would be interested to know if you believe the $488 premium to be worth it in the long run?

Unless you need WR just go with the old one...you can pick up a used one for even cheaper, it's price will drop even more in the coming months...I got all my fuji lenses used & no issues.

If you want WR & the other features it's still best to wait a bit for reviews & also buy it on sale...so the key is patience lol.

Bolothegreat's gear list:Bolothegreat's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow