Workspace (workflow/raw converter for Olympus) equivalent for Panasonic??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
LearningForeverIHope
LearningForeverIHope Senior Member • Posts: 2,210
Re: Workspace (workflow/raw converter for Olympus) equivalent for Panasonic??

SrMi wrote:

drj3 wrote:

dunkreid wrote:

Sorry, it might be my consumer monitor but I can't see the difference.

This might help.

Look at the areas where I put the black dots. The upper image from WS gives the correct colors. The lighter parts of the wood have more green due to absorbing the copper pressure treatment, so they are lighter and somewhat different in color. The Adobe conversion just makes them a lighter color of the darker areas. This is also true of the grass in the original image where the grass is simply not green enough.

However, for an image with extreme dynamic range, the adobe conversion will make it easier to recover the highlights. So I use it for those images, but WS for everything else.

What Adobe color profile did you use?

Using ColorChecker, it is easy to generate and integrate your own color profiles with Adobe products.

Interesting.

If you are talking about Passport ColorChecker I already use it to calibrate the cameras when I need high fidelity colours. That is the case for reproduction of paintings and art in general. The in camera colour styles are something else entirely, and they are not simply faithful but add those "Olympus colours" that are quite popular. How do you re-create them in LR/PS ?

LearningForeverIHope's gear list:LearningForeverIHope's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow