Advice needed on a lens to carry on a hiking trip

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yogi4fitness
yogi4fitness Junior Member • Posts: 49
Advice needed on a lens to carry on a hiking trip

I'll be hiking the Grand Canyon (south rim-to-south rim) at the end of this month. Initially I was tempted to carry my A6500 with the stock 18-135mm lens with my A7R2 with a 80-200 minolta A mount zoom. I am still thinking of carrying the APS-C system since it is pretty light but for the A7R2 I am tempted to leave the heavy Minolta and carry the Batis 25/2 instead since most of the shots will be wide angle landscape. Unless you folks think I'll need a 80-200 zoom for some closeup wildlife action? Since I'll be carrying lots of water and food I am even tempted to drop the APS-C system and only have the A7R2 with Batis. Any advice on which system or combo would be good. I am in pretty good shape so a few lbs here and there wont be a back-breaker but then I've never done a hike this long and this difficult so I dont want to over estimate myself. The other lens is 24-70/2.8 GM (reluctant to carry this one because its expensive and I dont want to drop it..yikes) but I will carry it if you think it would be good all round performer. Otherwise Batis it is. Or do you folks think the APS-C with 18-135 will be good enough.

Too much confusion

TIA

Yogi

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow