Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians, HIFs & DIFs: Little bit of Everything (10/20/20)

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
zackiedawg
OP zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 33,462
Snapa,

snapa wrote:

It looks like you had a very good outing that day with a lot of interesting variety.

Some days you get lucky - this was a case where the wading birds and wetlands areas didn't seem as active as usual, but if you took the time to look close, you found the reptiles and bugs all around, and in the forests, more migrating and smaller birds.  So still not the really busy, crowded wetlands you expect in winter times, but certainly plenty of photographic opportunities.

I've not seen to many hummingbirds myself out there, so that was a good catch. The frog shot was absolutely my favorite shot! The colors, sharpness, correct exposure, low ISO, and excellent composition. I also like the way you can see hidden things in these kinds of shot only after you view them at home. Like that small fish in the lower tight corner, and that bug below it's face, I think it was thinking about eating?

This frog was so tiny, it was hard to miss.  I was shooting it and had a few people lean over the rail to see what I was shooting, and they couldn't even see it.  Because it was so small, the narrow DOF didn't prevent getting nice focus details all around the frog in the water...I really enjoyed shooting the frog.  The hummingbird of course is just so hard to find anywhere in the wild - almost all the hummingbird shots I see involve a feeder - either in the shot, or just out of frame that helped bring them in close.  Finding these tiny little things in the wild is a massive challenge - it's easy to mistake one for an insect when you catch it in your peripheral vision!

Keep up the good work, I always like seeing what you see when you go out there!

Much appreciated.  Hopefully soon with all the cold waves and snow starting to hit the north, more of those birds should be coming down soon and start to make the wetlands a little more populated again!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a6600 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow