GM5 & L.100 question

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
jhunna Senior Member • Posts: 1,598
Re: GM5 & L.100 question

kodachromed wrote:

The base ISO on my GM5 is 200 but I can enable the extended ISO L.100 in the menu. I use this in bright light when I want to keep using the mechanical shutter which only goes to 1/500.

I notice Panasonic isn't alone in making the extended ISO something you have to enable. So it made me wonder if there is some kind of penalty, for example to DR, when you use the extended ISO. If the base ISO is 200 then what is the camera actually doing when you enable the extended ISO?

If its like the GX-8 then it may actually be the true base iso.  I know I prefer the look of iso 100 on the GX-8 so I leave it there, or put it into Auto ISO.

I would take pictures at both iso's and compare, and ignore the extended designation if you like the results at iso 100.

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow