Z5 or Z6ii - how do you know if Z5 is enough

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
misunderstood artist
misunderstood artist Forum Member • Posts: 90
Z5 or Z6ii - how do you know if Z5 is enough

Some of you might remember (or not) my posting about receiving my Z5/24-200 kit in a shambles from B&H a few weeks ago. It was not any fault of B&H and turns out that FedEx wrecked and ruined the exterior box and interior Nikon box as well, so they dumped the contents into another box and delivered it to me that way. Of course I sent it back to B&H and have subsequently received a refund. 
I intended to simply get a replacement kit however, by the time all was said and done, B&H were out of the kits with the 24-200 lens. In the meantime, the Z6ii and Z7ii were announced. Now I am wondering if I should consider another option, probably the Z6ii as the Z7ii is a bit out of my price range.
I do not shoot professionally. I occasionally shoot portraits and mostly enjoy shooting landscapes and travel. I have been thinking more and more about trying astrophotography so that is a part of this hobby I want to gear up for next and hopefully be equipped for after the holidays.
I know the Z6ii has a different sensor and the video capabilities are much better over the Z5. I will say that thus far, I never shoot video. Ever. I also do not care about the top LCD on the Z6ii. I mean, it's nice to have but not a deal breaker for me if it doesn't have it. So I guess it comes down to AF, sensor type, low light capability and the image quality as a result. I was looking for simple and lightweight and that is why I liked the kit idea with the 24-200.
I have had a lot of different cameras/lenses over the years and am down to one little Z50 now. The camera I probably enjoyed the most was the D750 if that helps at all. I've seen it written that the Z5 is most like the D750. 
Thoughts?

misunderstood artist's gear list:misunderstood artist's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow