G95 overexposure with 7-14mm?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Frank Jones Regular Member • Posts: 185
G95 overexposure with 7-14mm?

I've noticed some strange behaviour lately when mounting the 7-14mm wideangle zoom on my G95.

I usually shoot in P mode (mostly landscapes), but use Program Shift to vary as needed for specific situations.

On a sunny day, the camera might choose 1/160 at f/10. This works fine for my other lenses, but in the case of the 7-14mm the exposure looks OK in the viewfinder, but overexposed in the final image.

Using Program Shift to increase the shutter speed (but maintaining the same exposure, say 1/640 at f/5 - see image below), results in the correct exposure.

This has been happening on an intermittent basis for a while, but I've only recently noticed how it seems to relate to shutter speed - a higher speed like 1/500 seems OK, but lower speeds are not. A similar photo taken at 1/100 @ f/14 was even worse than the left-hand image above.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I thought it might have been poor communication between the lens and body, and cleaned the contacts, but to no avail. The problem never used to happen with the same lens on my G5.

Typically, I've only got about 2-3 weeks of warranty left - if there's no simple solution I'd better get the camera/lens checked out ASAP!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow