Gimbal with ISO/Shutter/Record control for Sony A7 III

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve McPeace New Member • Posts: 12
Gimbal with ISO/Shutter/Record control for Sony A7 III

Hi, I am looking for a gimbal, that lets me control ISO and shutter settings as well as start/stop recording via the gimbal on a Sony A7 III, preferable also via an additional remote control and with a field monitor attached.

I am a wedding videographer and currently use the Moza Aircross. With this setup I can at least start/stop the recording, but to adjust the exposure, I have to touch the camera, which costs time and results in a big wobble.

Also, as I have the two hand grip, which imo gives you much smoother results, but unfortunately the Aircross remote control does not support ANY controls of the camera itself, which results in an even more awkward handling of the camera setting: I have to let go of one handle to grap the middle grip of the gimbal so I can then adjust settings on the camera with the other hand. No good for fast situation like a wedding. So even more ideal would be a gimbal with a double grip handle AND a capable remote control (maybe via smartphone?)

Last but not least, if all this works in conjunction with a field monitor, I would be overly happy As I have to change settings quickly and without leaving the gimbal grips, I would much appreciate if any of you can give me a better solution.

Thanks

PS: Anyone using a variable ND? Hows the wobble when using it during recording?

Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow