Has anyone ever tried to flatten foam core?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Little Contributing Member • Posts: 548
Has anyone ever tried to flatten foam core?

I use 1/2" Elmer's plain foam core for mounting photos for hanging in the house. (No frames, just the boards; most people don't pay any attention to what's behind the photo and they think it's canvas.) I used to buy it at Michael's and now I'm looking at mail-order but I'm concerned about getting curved boards. When I buy it at the store I always have to search through and find flat ones because most of them are pretty curved. I make sure to store them either flat or upright (no leaning) and I've never had a problem with them curving on me. And once I have a photo mounted on them (with spray adhesive) I've never had a problem with them curving. But since I don't buy curved ones I've never had any experience with trying to flatten them. Has anyone ever tried this?

(I did find a couple videos online but they seemed to be people who had really thin board that was really warped and messed up and they were able to get it so that it wasn't as bad as before. I'd like to be able to do better than that. Also I like the 1/2" stuff.)

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow