Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians, HIFs & DIFs: Little bit of Everything (10/20/20)

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,787
Justin

zackiedawg wrote:

There was a good mix of diversity this day - not just birds, but the reptiles and amphibians were active too, and the bugs which are always around gave a few opportunities for a shot. The birds weren't just the usual waders, but some early migratory birds passing through, and some lucky encounters with the elusive and tiny hummingbird - always a challenge to find out in nature without a feeder to draw them in.

It looks like you had a very good outing that day with a lot of interesting variety. I've not seen to many hummingbirds myself out there, so that was a good catch. The frog shot was absolutely my favorite shot! The colors, sharpness, correct exposure, low ISO, and excellent composition. I also like the way you can see hidden things in these kinds of shot only after you view them at home. Like that small fish in the lower tight corner, and that bug below it's face, I think it was thinking about eating?

Keep up the good work, I always like seeing what you see when you go out there!

Pig frogs are big and green, and still difficult to find in the algae and debris covered wetlands waters. Even harder to spot are the tiny baby pig frogs - though a rich, golden color that you would think stands out, you can see there are other yellows in the water, and browns & greens, that still help hide the little fellas. Though not quite good enough to evade me this day.

Here's a HIF - hummingbird in flight. I was lucky to hear the little 'chee chee' calls of two hummingbirds calling out to each other in the forest, and then spotted the little blur moving around - very heavy tree canopy and low light so not ideal - but I don't get all that many opportunities to shoot them completely wild and natural with no feeders around

Comments, questions, and critique always welcomed and encouraged!

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow