Are those Sigmas coming ?? Enough reason to wait..

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
LarsRost Contributing Member • Posts: 647
Re: Are those Sigmas coming ?? Enough reason to wait..

jaggen wrote:

LarsRost wrote:

jaggen wrote:

Hey

I just discovered the x S10 and that is ALL i have been waiting for, finally the IBIS, tilt screen darn it. This could be the reason to get rid of my m43 gear and go Fuji.. BUT one thing is a major issue i find. The lack of Sigma support. Now the price of the system does need to include lenses, and the economy of a Fuji system with a 16 mm 1.4 is really increased by having to go Fuji over Sigma. Really the difference could push the whole system close to Sony FF i guess. In my country the Fuji 16 mm is almost 3x the price of the sigma... Now i know the Fuji is great, but its not a realistic lense for me, the sigma would be. Soooo any rumors about Sigma ??

I have no issues using Sigma Art lenses (Canon EF mount) with the Fringer Pro II adapter. They have replaced a lot of Fuji lenses for me.

Hmm ok autofocus ??

Not a great fan of adapters on a small system, but i will check it out :0)

Best wishes

Jakob

AF is spot on. With regards to  AF-S my Sigma 50-100/1.8 is more accurate than the Fuji 56/1.2 and 100-400/4.5-5.6. AF-C is slower but still usable.

LarsRost's gear list:LarsRost's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Fujifilm XF 18mm F1.4 R LM WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow