Workspace (workflow/raw converter for Olympus) equivalent for Panasonic??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 35,480
Re: Workspace (workflow/raw converter for Olympus) equivalent for Panasonic??

MattieUK wrote:

Guy Parsons wrote:

Silkypix SE V8 is free from http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/p/ and they often have severe discounts on the full V10 Pro version for Panasonic only https://silkypix.isl.co.jp/en/ext/special/dsp10pana/

Thanks for this - I've downloaded the free silkypix and it's actually quite handy for a quick look and minor tweak

For someone trying to come to grips with any version of Silkypix, I found the best user manual is installed at the same time with SE V8 freebie - F1 or Help gets to it, or the clickable blue "i" that appears often. Just start reading at the beginning of the SE V8 manual.

All the other versions of Silkypix have a much harder to read manual and the harder ones should start reading at Section 10.

I don't tend to do a great deal in LR anyway, beyond some cropping and a bit of sharpening (partly as I've little real idea what I'm doing but mainly as it bores me to tears!) so a simple, basic feature set approach is very useful.

Lazy me usually does a quick and basic fiddle in any raw converter (current set DxO Photolab3 Elite, Affinity Photo and Silkypix V10 Pro, they all have their uses and strengths) then use FastStone Viewer for final little basic fiddles to the jpeg, usually done to suit the final way it will be viewed. So much easier that way.

As for unsharp mask sharpening my lifetime habit has been 0.3 radius then amount (FastStone about 20 to 60 is the range I would stick in for most things) to get the right look to suit the display size. Slightly under-sharpened will always look better than slightly over-sharpened.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow