Leica DNG with Lightroom 6, any disadvantages?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hinting
hinting Contributing Member • Posts: 845
Leica DNG with Lightroom 6, any disadvantages?

Going to start off with my crazy: I refused to pay the rent or tax to Adobe for the latest version, so I am stuck with the last perpetual licence of Lightroom, which is 6.14. I do update my Adobe camera Raw, so seems to get updates on lens profiles.

As I am now primary a Leica shoter on DNG only, all my files opens ok, with M10 or SL2. I don't get the latest tools with the new releases, and frankly I don't edit the files enough to need them. I don't want my raw files stored on the cloud.

Main question: is the much rendering engine difference with the new Lightroom classic? Lightroom 6.14 is using 2012 processing. For those who is on subscription with the latest (version 10 now), do you think you can get substantially more details or quality with the latest version?

hinting's gear list:hinting's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Leica SL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +68 more
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9) Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow