EM1 Preemptive Repair

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thatnormguy
thatnormguy New Member • Posts: 6
EM1 Preemptive Repair

Greetings All. Slightly new angle to the "should I... EM1" topic. Ordered one in EX+ condition and called Olympus to get a verbal ballpark estimate to 1) reinforce the lugs, 2) check/replace dials known to fail, and 3) check shutter to avoid stickiness.
|
Background: after having an EM5 II, EPL7, and EM10 II... I (an a GX7 too) have to get the EM1 experience out of my system because of the tilt screen, viewfinder, light(er) weight compared to newer models in the line and phase detection.
|
Question
: Is it worth trying to get these potential issues addressed before they happen even if they don't? I can spare a couple of hundred bucks for a camera that has so much going for it.
|
Any guidance welcome and thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --
 thatnormguy's gear list:thatnormguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow