Z50: need a very small waterproof bag

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ZapperVT Contributing Member • Posts: 819
Re: Z50: need a very small waterproof bag

powerbook wrote:

Hello,

I need som inspiration to buy a very small waterproof bag where there is only room for the Z50 with kit lens 16-50 mounted and an extra battery. So as small as possible.

I also need som inspiration to buy a very small waterproof bag where there is only room for the Z50 with kit lens 16-50 mounted and a separate kit lens 50-250 and an extra battery. Again: as small as possible.

Any experiences and good ideas for what to choose?

Thank you in advance

I use this: OverBoard Waterproof SLR Camera Bag

It holds the Z50 and both lenses, with either mounted on the body.  There is a small pocket to hold the extra battery.

Be warned it is not truly waterproof.  You wouldn't want to have your camera submerged in it for very long.  I would not leave the camera in the bottom of a wet canoe, for example.  On canoe treks I've tied it up to a thwart out of the water.  But it's worked over a full day of hard rain, sitting exposed in a canoe, and it kept the camera dry during several brief ( a few seconds) of being submerged.

It's also not padded so you have to be careful and not bang it on rocks and trees and such.

ZapperVT's gear list:ZapperVT's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow