I tried the R5 and R6...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jeff_0000 Regular Member • Posts: 473
Re: I tried the R5 and R6...

JD28 wrote:

They are very thoughtfully designed cameras, and they do a lot of things right that are difficult to quantify and/or not often talked about in conventional camera reviews. Things like startup time, EVF activation time, touch screen responsiveness, shutter dampening, ease of connectivity, button feel, etc. The R5/R6 feel premium, rugged, and (critically) responsive. Sure, the price is a bit steep on both bodies, but there's a design elegance that really isn't mimicked across brands (at least in my opinion). They're the least "quirky" cameras I've ever used -- they just get out of the way and let you enjoy making pictures. That's really all I want!

I agree with most of the things that you said on the R5 and R6. What I can't comment is the connectivity because I didn't try it.

Prior to the release of R5 and R6, I have never seriously tried a Canon camera. Admittedly, I was attracted by the specs that R5 offers. But after trying the cameras, I discovered more about this pair of cameras and I believe their owners will enjoy shooting images with the cameras.

Jeff_0000's gear list:Jeff_0000's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow