The EOS R5 + RF 70-200 makes my 5D IV and EF lenses look ancient and outdated..and other brands toys

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
traderjay
traderjay Regular Member • Posts: 421
The EOS R5 + RF 70-200 makes my 5D IV and EF lenses look ancient and outdated..and other brands toys

I buy sell and trade lots of hardware to feed my addiction to tech…never thinking too much about them until I parted ways with my trusty 5D MK IV and the EF 70-200. It’s quite emotional to say at least because that combo shot some of my best pictures, videos, memories and professional work. Despite its weight and size, I tried to carry it with me whenever possible and the results does not disappoint. I even lugged that kit across China from Guangzhou to Beijing on December 30th, 2019, right before the world changed forever.

My first job out of school in 2008 is with Canon Canada and I always knew this company is very special, filled with the best and brightest in the industry and surely they did not disappoint after years of being criticized as “conservative”. The R5 and the new RF70-200 really showed the industry what true innovation looks like compared to other camera companies. This is what a century of combined knowledge in optics looks like.

Now with a MUCH more portable combo, I am going to push the envelope and strive for the next best shot! As a Canon alumnus and lifetime Canon user/fan, I am so proud of this company that kept on innovating and deliver killer product and lenses for the users so we will always capture the best moments in the best possible quality!

-- hide signature --

Workstations - EPYC 7702 + 3950X || NVIDIA RTX 2080ti || Canon imagePROGRAF Pro-1000

traderjay's gear list:traderjay's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM DxO Optics Pro Elite +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow