Workspace (workflow/raw converter for Olympus) equivalent for Panasonic??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
LearningForeverIHope
LearningForeverIHope Senior Member • Posts: 2,210
Re: Workspace (workflow/raw converter for Olympus) equivalent for Panasonic??

Guy Parsons wrote:

LearningForeverIHope wrote:

Digital Dick wrote:

I'm no expert but I think a 16 bit Tiff contains all the data that is in the 16 bit raw file. Workspace doesn't appear to pull as much out of the shadows as LR. I should try opening a raw in Workspace and without processing it just save it out as a Tiff and then open the Tiff in LR to look for any differences with just opening the raw directly in LR.

Dick

I do not see how it will be possible to save a Raw in that workspace since it applies all the settings, with the exception of filters, that you made in camera.

But there is a heck of a lot more data in a 16 bit tiff compared to a jpeg,

True, true enough. Actually a raw file in MFT is only 12 bits deep. I wonder how and if that data is spread over the 16 bits of the TIFF or something else.

so that will allow more to be extracted with further post process edits before committing to a final jpeg.

All I meant is that the settings we choose in camera are applied by Workspace. That way the TIFF that we get is different from the raw file that we sent. Still plenty of data but not the same data.

LearningForeverIHope's gear list:LearningForeverIHope's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow