why would I want an R6 or R5

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stakeouttoo
Stakeouttoo Senior Member • Posts: 1,153
why would I want an R6 or R5

with Canon in panic mode rushing out both the R6 and R5 as they try to keep solvent and scratching and clawing trying to catch up with Sony, Fuji and the like in mirrorless .. all the problems with distribution which Canon obviously knew about before they promoted these cameras.. then the lack of testing-- not in small inconsequential areas but with major problems like overheating.. and for me lack of a dedicated internal GPS( I don't do unreliable flawed Geo Apps).. sure makes me wonder why anyone would go out of their way to buy either one.. do they produce that much better Photos at that ridiculous high price point--compared to comparable DSLR's --than any other camera-- my take is NO..   will Canon eventually blame the obvious as their excuse for all the problems-- Covid 19

..as an exclusively pro-Canon user for many years  I'll stay with my DSLR's-- unfortunately locked into Canon at this point as Canon has dropped the ball and has given up on any new DSLR cameras and lenses-- threw all of us DSLR users to the wolves and 'under the bus' so to speak.... so enjoy your R6 and R5's --whenever Canon gets around to distributing them to the masses-- if they work

btw.. I have earplugs on.. so yell away 

-- hide signature --

Ray
my Canon 6DMkII sure beats using that ol' Petri 7s 35mm back in 1967 in RVN

Stakeouttoo's gear list:Stakeouttoo's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM +9 more
Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow