Best $1300 Oz dollars I ever spent...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stephent Veteran Member • Posts: 4,018
Best $1300 Oz dollars I ever spent...

Hi everyone the last piece of the puzzle arrived today, and I could not be happier.

My first jump into the M4/3 world came a few months ago when I brought a G9 and the P/L 10-25mm f1.7. It was a real toss up at the time between the G9 and the EM 1ii, I went with the G9 mainly on the slightly larger grip suiting the P/L lens better.

I was very happy with that set up and was looking to add the Panasonic 42.5 f1.2 lens down the track. Then Olympus brought out the promo of buying an EM 1ii and getting the f1.2 PRO lens of your choice. With the EM 1ii being cheaper than the Panasonic lens it was not a tough choice to grab the camera and get the Olympus 45 f1.2 PRO "free"   With the trade-in of a few Sony E-mount lens and buying the battery grip I ended up paying $1300 odd Oz dollars.

The wait time for the lens was listed as twenty days and right to time it arrived in the mail today.

It is a great match for the body and a much nicer balanced package than the EM1ii with the P/L 10-25 f1.7.

Here are a few quick "getting to know you" photos form the front yard as the sun started to set.

I also shot a few portraits and the lens really shines in that roll, sorry I don't post family/faces to the web

I cannot wait to get to the weekend and give it a proper run and also try it out mounted to the G9.

Regards.

Stephen.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow