"Painting with light" a software program?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
dsjtecserv Veteran Member • Posts: 3,897
Re: "Painting with light" a software program?

Oli5 wrote:

Its been years since I've been here. I remember people shooting a landscape shot with alot of bushes and a fallen log and a before and after shot where the fallen log was highlighted with a program with what I thought was called "Painting with Light".

I think one of the very first example when this program came out was a WWI solder with a before and after with parts of him highlighted.

I am having some pictures of my Porsche and am wondering if this technique can be used with my car.

I would like to know if this tech. will work with my car if someone would be willing to work on my pic. I am assuming the shot if I submit it will have to be in RAW.

In addition to being the name of a capture technique, "Paint with Light" was the name of an Photoshop Action written by Chip Springer. This was popular in the post processing forum 10 or 15 years ago. It basically involves creating separate color burn and dodge layers and using a brush to selectively paint the effect onto parts of the image. I don't recognize the description of the soldier image, but it sounds like the effect you describe could have been created with this action.

Dave

dsjtecserv's gear list:dsjtecserv's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow