I tried the R5 and R6...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeff_0000 Regular Member • Posts: 464
I tried the R5 and R6...

And I find that they are a pair of 'very fast' cameras!

Menu experience: Selecting the items is quick by tapping and dragging my finger around the menu, or by using the joystick.

Autofocus experience: As many of you have mentioned, R5 and R6 have very fast and precise autofocus. But I would like to add the experience of doing autofocus with R5 and R6. The first one is that I can quickly touch and drag the AF box to the subject that I want to focus on both live view and EVF mode. This is very useful if I am using single AF point or box. The second one is that when I crazily tap different points on the live view, the cameras are able to focus on the subject without any lag issues. What I can say is they are very fast and responsive. The third one is even if I do nothing, the camera will automatically do the AF even on the stills mode. The AF control and experience is also very fast.

Live view: Selecting the ISO, shutter speed and aperture are very fast as well. I can tap the items and swipe my fingers to the desired values.

Apart from those, I find that the IBIS of R5 can be useful on emergency situation. I don't have sticky hands, but I am able to get sharp images at 0.5 second at 24mm, 50mm and 70mm. Lens is RF 24-105L.

I love the mode dial selection because I can hide some modes on the OLED panel.

And, I love the B mode because I can set an exposure timer. This implementation is just better than Nikon's and Fuji's 900 seconds setting.

Disclaimer: I have used Nikon cameras before. But I find the control on Canon is somewhat similar to my Nikon cameras. There are some gives and takes from both sides. All in all, Canon does a great job with R5 and R6. I may upgrade to R5 if I have more money in the future.

Jeff_0000's gear list:Jeff_0000's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow