I want to try a fuji prime!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Contributing Member • Posts: 631
I want to try a fuji prime!

Hi!

Apart from a nifty fifty Canon and my 105mm macro lens, I’ve never owned a conventional prime. For me, even zoom lenses are restricting, and i now have two bodies, XT3 and XT30, usually equipped with 100-400 and 10-24. However, I’m eager to explore more about photography. I read often about Fuji primes. I saw a 23mm F2 at the store a few weeks ago, it was super light! I’m just wondering about the advantages over the zooms. I guess mainly its the wider aperture.

If you are walking about with a 23mm and see something amazing but wide, how do you no regret just having the 10-24? Do you regret the limitation? Or embrace it and be more creative. I wonder if the single focal length could make one more inventive.

I think Fuji IS is a bit poor in the lenses, but I don’t have anything that can capture low light action currently. I’m in a locked down area now, but i loved in India photographing the evening night ceremonies. This needed shutter speeds, not IS. I had only a 2.8.

I’m considering, either the 23mm 1.4, 56mm f1.2, or maybe the F2 primes? I’m interested to get in it portraits of my family and the dogs! I think 50mm may be limiting. Would the 56mm be the one to get?

But talking hiking and landscape, would I just be disappointed with a prime versus the amazing versatility of the 10-24, or are there advantages?

For street, something I’d love to explore, freezing the movement, I felt the 23mm or 35mm f1.4, but i read the AF is slow.

This post is a bit of a ramble, but with with Christmas coming up, i see potential to request a lens!  Can someone explain to me the benefit of primes? I really want to try it.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow